General — TransplantLyfe

General

Morning Exercise

January 18, 2022 in General

Recently I have switched from working out in the afternoon to working out in the morning just based on my current school schedule. I feel great afterward but waking up is always a battle. Any advice for waking up a little faster and feeling more awake when I do finally roll out of bed? Or is this something I'm gonna have to power through and just wait for the latter feeling great?

Tagged:

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

My very unfun answer is...(drumroll please)...go to bed earlier. (insert sad trombone wah wah)

January 18, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Cold showers. A cold shower first thing in the morning wakes me up and energizes me for the rest of the day. I do the Wim Hof method of breathwork and then either a cold shower, ice/snow bath...

I also second making sure you're getting enough sleep to begin with. And eating healthier foods, not junk, also tends to give the body more fuel for things like waking up early

January 18, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

When I used to workout in the AM's one thing that helped was I would prepare everything the night before for the workout. So with cycling, for instance, I would have drinks prepared, clothing out, bike dialed in and so forth. That way in the AM all I had to worry about was eating etc.

January 18, 2022
  • Transplant314Transplant Patient

I workout in the mornings getting up around 6:15am. I always feel dramatically better at the end of the work out and enjoy the early quiet and sunrise. The winter is a drag to get up and I find the rest of the year is easier to get out of bed. I think the fact that we are mammals and like to hibernate in the winter makes it hard to get up this time of year. Best thing is get up and get on with the exercise and you will wake up and feel better.

January 18, 2022
  • As the term progresses that seems like a harder task to complete than it should be

January 21, 2022
  • I have taken to doing that after my workouts, I read that it is better for the recovery of the muscles plus it helps me to wake up before classes.

January 21, 2022