General — TransplantLyfe

General

Any Strava members here?

StephenCFTransplant Patient
January 25, 2022 in General

If so - post your profile. We can follow each other.

Cyclists, runners, walkers?

Here's mine, feel free to follow. https://www.strava.com/athletes/715534

If enough members, maybe we can then create a separate Strava group.

1 - 4 of 4 Other Answers

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I've never heard of this app before! I just created a free account and am going to try it and see how I like it. I can't promise I'll be super active but I'm Ali Emerald.

January 25, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

What does it do?? Can we do something on TL that resembles it??

January 31, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Karin from what I’ve gathered it’s a fitness tracking app, that does routes taken and distance. I love more niche apps for things like this, rather than one platform that tries to do it all

February 1, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

yes, it's a $1.5 billion company that's been around since 2009. here's its description: "Strava is an American internet service for tracking human exercise which incorporates social network features. It is mostly used for cycling and running using GPS data. Strava uses a freemium model with some features only available in the paid subscription plan."

there's also a lot of specialized groups on there, such as Duke Lung Transplantees, various CF groups, local clubs, etc. although the social aspect is cool, the route planning and tracking metrics are great for personal progression. for instance, if you're running or cycling down your favorite path or route, it'll be tracked and posted and you'll most likely find hundreds if not thousands of people have done the same route, and you'll be posted onto a leaderboard. there's king of the hills, queen of the hills, local legends, and all sorts of accomplishment badges.

you can download the app on your phone and voila. can also access via your computer.

February 1, 2022