Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Pain

KristeTransplant Patient
Updated February 2, 2022 in Liver

Is it normal to still have a lot of pain in the surgical area two months post transplant? It's especially bad at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• VeggiePoweredTransplant Patient

unsure - my staples were a little itchy but after they where removed some slight discomfort/adjusting to living but little pain. You may have already but certainly follow up with your doctors. I hope you feel better ❤️‍🩹 🙂

February 2, 2022
  • LazeyKTransplant Patient

I agree with Veggie, no pain from surgery but from the staples even after the removal.

February 2, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

If you're concerned I would ask your doctor. I had pain pretty bad pain for 3 months or so, though I'm not sure if it was from the surgery, the staples, trying to move again or laying in one position for so long.

February 2, 2022
  • DebTransplant Patient

The only pain I experienced was back pain and it was rough but no incision pain at all once the drainage tubes came out.

February 2, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

Biggest source of pain for me was due to the drainage tubes. Absolutely miserable. I couldn't sleep on a bed for months.

February 2, 2022
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I had severe back pain for a few months and pain in the abdomen/around scar when I coughed, sneezed or laughed.

My nerve endings decided to reconnect about 7 years later when I was getting a zipper tattooed on the end of my scar. 😬

February 2, 2022
  • Bnazworth22Transplant Patient

I’m 16 months out and get a little pressure pain when the weather changes but no real bad pains I do still numbness at the incision site but I’m ok

April 20, 2022