Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Working

KristeTransplant Patient
February 2, 2022 in Liver

How long after transplant did it take you to go back to work? What do you do? Has covid affected your ability to work?

Tagged:

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• LazeyKTransplant Patient

I was retired by the time of the transplant. The most problem was being tired and not energy for several months.

As to Covid, very careful around people, worn mask everywhere and avoided crowds.

February 2, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

Wasn't working at the time of my transplant, but I went back to University after 6 months.

February 2, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I stopped working a few months prior to my transplant due to covid. I never want back to that job. my doctors kept extending my medical leave from 6 months to a year, and by the time I technically would have been allowed to go back to work, I'd already found something else I loved more. I work from home now, on my own schedule, which is by far the best option for me and my situation

February 2, 2022
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I had my transplant in the summer of 2005, between sophomore and junior years. I did online school that Fall semester so I could physically take it easy. I went back on-campus full-time in Jan. 2006. I had to set a lot of boundaries for myself and stick to them. My physical body felt like it was healing, but I needed more rest than I was used to--like 10 hours a night.

I was working full-time as the director of an internship program pre-COVID, and got let go in May. I'm now working from home doing what I love and it's the absolute best thing!

February 2, 2022
  • DebTransplant Patient

I was 60 at the time of my transplant and had lost my job a year or so prior because I was missing so much work due to being sick, appointments and hospitalizations. I was a special education paraprofessional in a middle school. The month of my surgery Covid hit so I have not returned to work. It’s too risky. My plans were definitely to return to work.

February 3, 2022