General — TransplantLyfe

General

Herbs post transplant

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
February 8, 2022 in General

How many of your doctors told you to avoid herbs post transplant? (Any herbs or one specific herb). How closely do you follow that advice? 

vote, and then drop in the comments what you were told to avoid, why and how closely you adhere to that guideline

1. Herbs post transplant5 votes
    1. I do/have utilized herbs
        0.00%
    2. I do not utilize herbs
      100.00%

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• VeggiePoweredTransplant Patient

a snake oil salesman is born every time a lie is told so I avoid these 🙂

I am sure some are good but no $ in capitalism for vetting herb safety so here we are.

February 8, 2022
  • BobRTransplant Patient

The best thing I was advised is to avoid herbal tears and supplements.

February 8, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

I don't drink herbal teas but sometimes will take herbal OTC supplements. Not consistently enough where I have to mention to doctor.

February 8, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@VeggiePowered true. I’m very picky about quality and so many people are sales-y. The only herbs I’ll ever invest in are ones I grow myself or a friend grows and I can trace where they come from

February 8, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@StephenCF i love that you mentioned this. Consistency is key. Anything taken consistently should be noted. Whether that’s herbal supplements or pharmaceuticals

February 8, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

It is homeopathic at best so probably mostly harmless but you should always check w your dr first and really read the labels

March 2, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Karin yes to reading labels! One of the deep dives I’ve done is into a lot of the toxic ingredients in everyday products we deem as “safe.” Like shampoo for instance, a lot of shampoo brands have ingredients known to cause organ toxicity. But no one talks about it! It’s so weird to me

March 2, 2022