General — TransplantLyfe

General

You never know who you know

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
February 23, 2022 in General

@AnnMarie always says you never know who you know. I live in a tiny town and today I had a doctors appointment. I’ve brought patient cards for TransplantLyfe to my hospital before, but didn’t think anybody would even pick one up. I’m pretty sure I’m the only transplant recipient here, we’re that small. So I’m sitting waiting for my appointment and I hear somebody mention IBDlyfe. Which automatically I’m the girl listening in from the corner. This big, burly farmer is talking to the person next to him about IBDlyfe, which he found from the patient cards I dropped off. He said he had no idea there was support available for IBD (again, we live in a small town, and very rural. We don’t have resources for a lot of things).

This set is the tone for my appointment and I was able to have a conversation with my doctor about Lyfebulb and what we do. I was so anxious going in (practiced some waiting room tapping, which I posted to a video on my Instagram) and it ended up being great. My doctor totally affirmed me, supported my health decisions I’m making, and said she was so hopeful about my future and my success in transplant. It just makes me so hopeful for the future of medicine and patients everywhere

it just goes to show you never know who you know. Who knew an old farmer in my small town would find support through Lyfebulb because I, a transplant recipient, left a card at my hospital. Our stories matter, friends. Who you are and what you do makes a difference

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

That is so incredible! Love that story so much

March 4, 2022
  • lescp3Care Partner

Ali this is such a great story! Love seeing the words "hopeful" :)

March 8, 2022
  • That's pretty wild, and definitely a good reassurance that our actions have an impact on others (good or bad). Also really brings to mind just how small of a world we live in

March 9, 2022