General — TransplantLyfe

General

Bad cold

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
April 13, 2022 in General

Coughing and feeling so heavy in my head and body / ugh!!!! What are your best remedies? I have been drinking tea w honey, soup and eating rice to feel less nauseous - I hope this passes soon so I don’t have to lower my drugs to fight it off

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• Denise_RTransplant Patient

I'm so sorry @Karin - The only other thing I would do is to add some ginger to that tea. Or to the soup. Obviously, only if you can tolerate ginger. Feel better soon.

April 13, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Will get ginger - thanks @Denise_R

April 13, 2022
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@Karin are you running a humidifier? I also like to diffuse some essential oils (mostly because they smell good) I like to use DoTERRA (no, I don't sell them) "Breathe". It's a combination of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Cardamom and probably some others. When I have a cold, maybe its all in my head, I think it helps.

*I know that there are lots of opinions on essential oils. I am not trying to start a debate. I put one drop in my diffuser and let it run for 4 hours in a room with a humidifier also running.

April 13, 2022
  • Saveddonna55Transplant Patient

Karin, I’ve had the same kind of cold and it was miserable for the first 5 days. Flu. Covid and strep were done and all negative. Anyway, I can take decongestants and cough syrups so that is what I did along with plenty of water. It wasn’t a good feeling but should pass soon. Feel better, Karin.

April 13, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Hope you feel better soon, @Karin 🤞

I recommend stirring in a teaspoon or two of Turmeric into your honey tea - as you probably know it has excellent healing properties / health benefits.

Ps. The Raw version of this amazing natural ingredient/spice is more beneficial for health. Although, it's still useful when used in cooking (in curries & 🇮🇳 cuisine)

April 14, 2022