Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

What is are good vitamins to take after a kidney/pancreas transplant?

AnitraHTransplant Patient
May 9, 2022 in Kidney

My skin has broke out like a teenager and just need something safe that would also help with energy

love you all Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Other Answers

• Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Hi @AnitraH - have you had your transplant yet?

May 9, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm liver so it might be different depending on organ? I know every body is different, too, and there's so many factors involved in who needs what in terms of supplementation. immediately post transplant my team started me on a multi vitamin supplement and vitamin d. through closely monitored labs, we adjusted according to what my body needed. I was on calcium, iron and magnesium for a while, vitamin d tends to just be in the winters when i'm getting less from my environment. Currently I take beef liver supplements for copper and vitamins A and B, as well as vitamin d supplement. I also try to source as many vitamins and minerals from bio available sources as possible. Your team should be able to test your levels and offer personalized recommendations based on what your body needs.

May 9, 2022
  • AnitraHTransplant Patient

I am one year post transplant. I am on protein and started taking a B-12 vitamin. I am going to try a multi vitamin to see if that helps to

May 11, 2022
  • A_RayTransplant Patient

Liver and kidney, 5 years out. I take a slew of vitamin supplements. I am going to try a new supplement, Resveratrol. Google it. Lots of clinical studies on it. As always, check with your Dr. first. Also, because of the steroids I have a bit of osteoporosis. I tried Prolia injection, but it sent my LFTs soaring. Be very cautious of osteoporosis meds.

May 13, 2022
  • VegasrailsTransplant Patient

I a kidney transplant patient at few months past 2 years post transplant. I'm on Vitamin D 4 times recommended dosage and magnesium. Each of us is different both pre and post transplant I suggest you consult with your current doctor for their suggestioons.

May 29, 2022