General — TransplantLyfe

General

A Podcast About Emotions

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
May 11, 2022 in General

Hi transplant friends!

I think one of the hardest things about going through the rollercoaster of organ failure is facing difficult emotions. A large part of the work I do as a life coach has been coming to terms with and understanding how emotions work in my body. I'd love to share this episode about how to deal with difficult emotions.

You can listen here:

So I'm curious. Tell me, what is the hardest emotion for you to deal with?

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• Tsutton2015Transplant Patient

I have learned long ago after waking up from a coma, that it is important to live, love and be in the present moment. Because we never know what the very next second has in store for our life.

I focus on the positive side of every challenge, even the worst situation could be worse.

As an double organ recipient my joy for life and the emotions that go with this gift, is glorious.

Our Caregivers have the biggest challenge of anyone.

Teaching them and offering them various healing modalities to create an escape from the day-to-day stresses of dealing with disease is my new mission in life and I will be happy to share your information.

Cheers,

Terry

May 11, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I spent pretty much my entire time on the wait list learning to be with my emotion. That was how I prepped for transplant, and in my opinion it made my recovery a million times easier. I had almost every rare, bizarre complication you could think of, but because I practiced being with my feelings there was never a time when it felt out of control for me.

I’m really comfortable being sad, being angry, being uncomfortable… I remember one time right after I woke up I was upset so I was crying and a nurse tried to tell me to stop crying since it was already so hard for me to breathe and I said to her “I’m just feeling my feelings right now, leave me alone” 😂

I think now the hardest emotion for me to feel would be calm. I can deal with extremes really well, but when things are calm or stable for too long I tend to get a bit uneasy.

May 11, 2022