General — TransplantLyfe

General

If you support forced pregnancy, do you also support mandatory vaccination/organ donation?

VeggiePoweredTransplant Patient
June 26, 2022 in General

Personally I do not believe I or others have the right to force this on my fellow humans but it is only logical that if one can force 9 months of pregnancy & child birth to save lives, the government can also legally force vaccination and organ donation to save lives.

1 - 3 of 3 Other Answers

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’m not in the US, but as I watch from the outside, I personally think the implications of this decision will spread far outside abortion access. Every sort of body autonomy, the LGBTQ+ community, people of color, every kind of disability and chronic illness, everything is going to be affected.

I don’t know where the line will be, because even this makes no sense to me. It makes me nervous seeing the US do this, and whether or not other countries will try to follow suit.

June 27, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Hi - I think vaccinations are "forced" in certain environments eg certain employees demand covid vacc as they should (hospitals and childcare etc).

I find that to be very different than forcing a woman who has been raped or is sick to carry a child...

June 27, 2022
  • AnnMarieCare Partner

This is such a thought provoking question! Maybe organ donation should not be "force" but for sure more education and maybe a gentle nudge. Having multiple health issues I am not eligible to donate but before my doctors did not discuss. I have talked to my kids about this and really hope they register!

July 7, 2022