General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Land of the Free

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
June 29, 2022 in General

I just became a U.S. citizen a few hours ago, and I am very proud to call this great country my home. I do not give up my Swedish citizenship, but can keep both which makes it so much sweeter.

However, it gives me, after 20 plus years in this country (I came here in 1998 as a postdoctoral fellow), the right to vote and the responsibility to be educated about how to vote.

I tend to dig deep in all matters I care about, so now awaits an interesting period as I assess the options and choices for chronic disease people from all political perspectives. I won’t pretend I can get involved in everything, but in the area of transplant, I intend to truly become an expert is how to best advocate for our rights.

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• Mizzvi19Other

Congratulations and thanks for your patience in the process!

June 29, 2022
  • VeggiePoweredTransplant Patient

Welcome doc. Sincerely although I may question your post below I have a lot of respect for medical staff and wish you the best, that being said. Land of the free? Really? as money equals political power in the ununited states of America and 2 men have more wealth alone than 50% of our population combined wealth, how can such a country be the land of the free? Also as a native, when/why exactly was the πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ great? Curious to learn your point of view as an immigrant, because I do not see greatness when I review our history.

June 29, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Congrats @Karin !πŸ‘ πŸŽ‰ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Best of luck on your quest & thank you for all your work in/for the transplant community! πŸ‘ πŸ€ πŸ™

June 29, 2022
  • BrucePTransplant Patient

Hey Karin,

Congratulations from the state of Nebraska. So pleased to have you.

June 29, 2022