General — TransplantLyfe

General

Medical alert

TServoldTransplant Patient
July 2, 2022 in General

Right now, I wear a medical alert for my Type 1 Diabetes. I was just wondering if I will need one post transplant? Should I go ahead and order something to be have it available immediately after? If I do need one, what will it say? Maybe I don't need one... (That would be cool, to wear other jewelry!!)

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• CLHerrick23Transplant Patient

Amazon sells medic alert bracelets like the old Nomination bracelets where you can add links on or take off. Mine has Type 1 diabetes and Kidney Transplant on it. The links come pre printed. The size is fully customizable. It’s stainless steel and stretches like watch expansion bracelet. Not expensive.

July 2, 2022
  • rmorrisTransplant Patient

I have a medical alert that says Kidney Transplant. I want to make sure if anything should happen I get the meds I need

July 2, 2022
  • PabloTransplant Patient

I wear one - both for an emergency contact and important meds. Also my Hospital on it. There are a million varieties on the Internet - pick something you like. Can can be inexpensive.

July 2, 2022
  • RogerTransplant Patient

When I had my Kidney transplant almost two years ago my transplant team gave me a Med Alert that had my name, name of hospital that did the transplant and date of transplant.

Check with your team.

July 2, 2022

Gee-lucky you. I just a got few liter bottles to drink my endless Gatorade-Zero...

July 2, 2022

Gee-lucky you. I just a got few liter bottles to drink my endless Gatorade-Zero...

July 2, 2022
  • trisha458Transplant Patient

I have a MyID that is a sleeve that goes on my watchband. It has a barcode on it that can be scanned and it has all of my information, dr's, medication, transplant status etc.

July 3, 2022
  • Alalleycat2Transplant Patient

I got me a kidney transplant slide to go on my Apple watch band. Strongly encouraged by my transplant team.

July 3, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I have one that just says Liver Transplant, as well as my other conditions on it, and has an emergency contact number. I got mine from Lauren's Hope, and have had good experiences with them.

July 5, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

I just wear my (invisible transplanted heart) on my sleeve. 😉 😊

I feel it's a good idea to get a medical alert ID/contraption, if it will bring you peace of mind, especially during times when alone.

July 11, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I've also heard from friends of mine who work EMS that they really want you to have one. Just makes their job easier should something happen

July 11, 2022