Heart — TransplantLyfe

Heart

Dried psilocybin mushrooms

tastynateCare Partner
August 1, 2022 in Heart

Does anyone have any good research on the safety of ingesting well-dried psilocybin mushroom 4 years post-op heart transplant? Specifically regarding microbial levels? Are any dried mushrooms safe to consume?

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm not heart transplant, so maybe others can speak to this a little more accurately but in terms of psilocybin mushrooms but this is what I've found (I trained in herbalism and am a nerd when it comes to the combintion of natural and western medicine) Mostly its dangerous because of overdose potential/toxicity in mixing with other psychiatric medication. These mushrooms can also induce tachycardic and cause a sympathetic surge, which can be dangerous. Dried mushrooms contain approximately 0.5% psilocybin, and even in the general population care has to be taken to ensure they aren't toxic.

I can't tell you what to do with your body, but personally its not a choice I would make. Depending what the desired outcome is, there are probably alternatives I would look into first. But do your own research, find someone who is educated on the subject, and ask your medical team if you have any specific concerns (Mine is really open to outside the box ideas, but I know some aren't and even mentioning it as a hypothetical could cause issues)

In terms of dried/cooked mushrooms in general, I personally consume them.

August 2, 2022