General — TransplantLyfe

General

How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
August 3, 2022 in General

I'm 4 years post kidney transplant and I'm wondering how you feel when you wake up in the morning. Sometimes I feel well rested and other days I feel really nauseous, or shaky, or I have aches and pains in my abdomen or muscles.

What is your experience?

And if you have symptoms, how long do they last before they go away (if they do go away)?

Thanks!!

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Mornings are usually my best time of day. Usually by mid afternoon, after I've been up and moving around more, I'll get sore and fatigued. I try to schedule the majority of my day for the mornings, when I know I'll be feeling my best and have the most energy.

If I wake up sore or symptomatic, it's usually like that for the rest of the day and I just know it's not going to be a good day

August 3, 2022
  • DebTransplant Patient

Somedays I just wake up tired and stay that way all day. Other days I wake up full of energy but usually need a late afternoon nap for about 15 minutes. I’ve learned to listen to my body.

August 4, 2022
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I am usually very stiff in the morning. I do some light yoga exercises to get my blood flowing. It seems to help with the rest of the day. Some days though I am just tired. I've been able to pinpoint it to not drinking enough water or not paying attention to what I was eating. I'm 100% plant-based diet. But if I have too much fruit, I pay for it the next day with some extra fatigue.

August 5, 2022
  • CrystalOther

I am 8 weeks post liver transplant. It takes a while for me to get going each morning. After a while I am now able to do a few things around the house without any problem. Around 3 in the afternoon I have to nap. Sometimes it’s short but most of the time it is for many hours. I find that as I force myself to do more my energy level increases.

August 6, 2022

1 - 8 of 8 Other Answers

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
    August 8, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I love that. How did you learn to listen to your body? What does that look like for you? I know it's so different for everyone.

August 8, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Shelbycreates - some days are just better than others! I just hope that I have more days where I'm not grumpy! 😉

August 9, 2022
  • DebTransplant Patient

Shelbycreates, if I need to take a break and rest I do it. I used to to try to push through being tired but I know it only makes matter worse. I’m 62 so I’m naturally slowing down too haha, but if I need a nap I’ll take one but usually only 10 or 15 minutes is all I need. I hope you have many more better day than bad!!

August 10, 2022