General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transitions and Overwhelm

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
August 9, 2022 in General

How’s everyone doing? With school starting back up again for us and getting out of our “lazy” summer schedule, I’ve been feeling quite a bit more anxious and overwhelmed. Anyone else? I know it’ll be better once we get in the swing of things, but it’s starting to drive me nuts!

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

so much to plan so little time and so much to worry about… yes - I recognize this @Shelbycreates and I don’t know! I have surgery coming up on 8/23 so addl stress that I really don’t need ((

August 9, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Shelbycreates & @Karin - no little ones in the house for me anymore, but I can relate. I'll be worried about my older daughter who's a Special Ed teacher, interacting with a bunch of middle-schoolers. And I'll be concerned for my younger daughter as she returns to her college campus in a couple of weeks.

Basically, in addition to the typical 'back to school' stuff, all of us have to deal with challenging things like fast spreading Covid19 + Monkey pox too!

Ughg!Ugh!!

Good luck to all!

August 9, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’m the opposite! My husband works a job where summer is his insanely busy season, and we have no littles at home so we’re looking forward to fall as a chance to slow down, reconnect and plan our lives!

I do tend to get stressed and overwhelmed super easily in general seasons of life change so I get what you’re saying. For me usually this is a signal to ramp up on self care, focus on physical movement, eating foods that make me feel good and getting enough sleep. And it’s usually a pretty good indicator for me to take charge now before it spirals, which means calling up my therapist

August 9, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Excellent strategy, @AliEm14 👍 Good luck.

August 9, 2022