Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Waiting for a kidney

August 12, 2022 in Kidney

Would like to find a group that meets in the area or via zoom to having discussions.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Welcome friend! TransplantLyfe is a great place to have these conversations and meet people with similar experiences.

@Srouse is with Kindness for Kidneys and they do a lot of kidney specific support. @Shelbycreates is a kidney transplant recipient and a personal coach. I'd recommend connecting with these amazing people, and of course utilizing the forum discussions and tapping into the larger community. We're here for you, in every step of your journey

August 12, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@ehernandezrosa , you can message me too for information on virtual support groups!

Best of luck on your transplant journey! 🙏 👍

August 12, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Hi 👋🏻 welcome to transplant Lyfe 💓 Where are you located? Also, I’ve got several Instagram lives and YouTube interviews with kidney transplant recipients if you’re interested. You can find the interviews on my YouTube channel. Here’s one here:

Feel free to reach out for support you need. 💕

August 13, 2022
  • SrouseExpert
    Transplant Patient

@ehernandezrosa, I'd love to connect to provide any support that I can. I admire your courage and bravery.

August 15, 2022
  • Thank you very much. I was recently told that I need a new kidney so all this is sometimes overwhelming but I am finding that a support system is very important. In fact just last week a friend/neighbor who I have known for a while told me while I was telling her that I need a transplant that she had a kidney transplant in 2008. Wow! I told her I have so much to ask her.

August 15, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

You're most welcome @ehernandezrosa 👍 - please be sure to lean on all the support available !! It's great that you found a neighbor who has already been through a similar journey.

Take care.

August 15, 2022