General — TransplantLyfe

General

Delayed medication refill

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
August 15, 2022 in General

Currently on hold with my prescription provider because they decided not to refill my Envarsus until Aug 25th even though I never got my monthly order in July (I was out of town and had enough to get me by).

Anyway, I just wanted to commiserate with awesome people like you who know my pain of being on hold waiting to see if they'll get you your meds.

Tagged:

1 - 16 of 16 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

They got back to me and told me they didn’t have it refilled because they are out of stock for 4mg Envarsus. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I’m hoping to get it sorted out soon!

August 15, 2022
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi,

Do you get your Rx’s from a specialty pharm. I just cannot believe they would not have that rx always. They know how important that is for you to have to live.

I know that is scary for you.

August 15, 2022

Thanks for the suggestion. I called Walgreens and they have one bottle of it on their shelves from a patient who no longer needed it. So I'm having my doctor call in the morning so I can get the script filled. Goodness! I did not think this would be such an issue. Thanks for the support.

August 16, 2022
  • VeggiePoweredTransplant Patient

Whatever you got to do to get your prescription do it. as someone dealing with mild rejection due to my immune suppression dropping to low, I will never allow myself to get in this situation again if I recover. id make sure to have extra on hand even, just in case of emergency

August 16, 2022

Hi,

Are you having mild rejection b/c you were unable to get your meds.

I hope your TP team is going to get your rejection back to where it needs to be. I am 2years LT and so far I have had no rejection. I have had some kidney issues due to the meds we have to take to stay out of rejection.

keep strong.

August 16, 2022
  • VeggiePoweredTransplant Patient

no, my dosage was just to low. And was in between transplant centers due to a recent out of state move . Oklahoma's transplant centers are not as good as Colorado, based on my experience. was given an appointment in December after moving here in June. education and healthcare are not priorities here

August 16, 2022

Oh okay well it sounds like you are getting back on track.

August 16, 2022

No I am not. Thanks for checking in on me! I am on Envarsus and I have a ton of 1mg tabs. My dosage is 6mg and I've been using the 1mg since I ran out of 4mg tabs. I was out of town for a month and put my order in 2 weeks ago. I noticed I still hadn't gotten it and then saw that it hadn't shipped yet. They didn't notify me that it was out of stock until I called because I hadn't gotten it. The good news is I got a local pharmacy to fill them! I knew, if all else failed, I could drive 3 hours to my transplant clinic (which I would do before missing a dose) but I'm really glad I didn't have to! I'm hoping they get the meds in stock before my next refill.

August 16, 2022

Yes, I am with you! Luckily I had lots of the 1mg tabs (I kept extra just in case) but they couldn't fill the 4mg. I'm really glad I didn't have to drive to get my meds 3 hours away at my transplant center. But I would have stood at their door until I got it filled. 😂

I'm sorry that your immune suppression dropped to low. That's got to be really frustrating. 💓

August 16, 2022
  • A_RayTransplant Patient

I'll take issue with your comment on Oklahoma's transplant centers. The Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Institute/Integris Baptist Medical Center in OKC is #5 in the Nation. I am a current patient and have experienced nothing but excellent healthcare from them. Always responsive. Five+ years out, kidney and liver. A hand-off from one healthcare provider to another is always dicey. Planning ahead is always a good idea.

August 16, 2022

Hi,

I am new to this site. I have noticed since I have been on the site that a lot of transplant pts. have had to have kidney and liver, I am curious was this due to your immunosuppressant meds affecting your kidneys or something different.

I am almost 2yrs LT. and have CKD so that is why I am asking.

ty

August 16, 2022
  • DebTransplant Patient

I too am suffering from CKD after my liver transplant. Partly due to all the meds I was on before and after transplant and the fact that my poor liver function prior to transplant also damaged kidneys. It scares me to think about another transplant but I my age I doubt that I would ever qualify again. I try to take the best care of my kidneys that I can.

August 17, 2022

Thanks, my CKD is due to the meds so they have decreased my tac. So I hope this helps to get better. I to was very sick b/f my transplant to and on several meds to. I was very blessed I was put on the TP list very quickly and had my LT within a few months.

very grateful.

August 17, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I have had a kidney and a pancreas due to type 1 diabetes but now the new kidney is declining in function due to meds! There is a need to balance the doe of immune suppressants to 1) avoid rejection and 2) reduce risk of kidney damage due to the drugs! Hard balance

August 17, 2022

Yes I will have to agree, My kidneys, they tell me are stable but it is always in the back of my mind when I take my meds for sure.

You have been thru a lot.

August 17, 2022