Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

I got it!!!

TServoldTransplant Patient
August 19, 2022 in Kidney/Pancreas

I got it!! Sunday, August 14 I received a new kidney and pancreas. I'm doing amazing it's soooooo incredible to see my lab work be so good. I'm in awe of the medical team and the entire process. I'm headed home from the hospital today and so excited and yet a bit nervous, too. Whoa.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you!

We share a transplant anniversary now! I also had my transplant on August 14 (mine was in 2020)

August 19, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

This is sooooo exciting!! I'm glad you're feeling so well. Here's to many more years of wellness for you!

Wow! Congrats to you, my friend. That's fun to find a transplant date buddy. I feel like there's lots of summer transplants.

August 19, 2022
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

My husband took this amazing video of me leaving the hospital and ringing the celebratory bell!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NR9iijHhbaXq6bTt9

(hopefully the link works)

August 19, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Dang girl!!! I just watched that video and you made me cry too!!!! That was SOOOO beautiful. You're such a bad-a. All the hugs to you!

August 26, 2022
  • Howanitz39Transplant Patient

Congratulations I'm so happy for you I also am a kidney pancreas transplant recipient 17 months out 1-27-2021.

August 27, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@TServold inan so happy for you!! Continue to update us on how you are doing - isn’t it amazing to be insulin independent???

August 28, 2022
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Update: I'm feeling so great. I developed a splenic vein clot on my pancreas and spent last week back in the hospital on Heparin. I came home on Friday and have switched to an at home blood thinner regimen. My blood glucose is still what feels like a little high, I spike to about 200 mg/dl post meals, but it comes back down on its own. That's what I focus on, it comes back down on its own!! I even ate some Sugar Babies candy (I know, so weird but my favorite) and didn't have to take insulin for it!! My kidney is doing amazing and I'm so happy. I'm not sleeping or really eating much due to the Prednisone, but the dose will start to decrease and that will get better.

Thank you everyone for all your support and kind words! I'm so glad to be on this journey alongside all of you, getting advice and encouragement from each and everyone.

One of my new mugs from my BFF.

September 6, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Awesome & congratulations! So happy that you received your Gift(s) of Life! Best wishes on your transplant journey ahead.

October 6, 2022
  • JamieHaightExpert
    Other

Congratulations!!!!

October 18, 2022
  • montrealTransplant Patient

Live life to the fullest my friend

It is a good day to be alive

October 31, 2022