General — TransplantLyfe

General

It is with heavy hearts...

AnnMarieCare Partner
August 26, 2022 in General

It is with heavy hearts we share the news of Jim Gleason's passing. Jim was a leader in the organ transplant community as the long term President of TRIO, an organization Lyfebulb was proud to work with. We are sending love and regrets to his family and all those affected by his advocacy. 

Tagged:

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• RobTransplant Patient

All current and future recipients benefit from the advocacy efforts of Jim and organisations like TRIO.

Around the world since starting my journey a little over a year ago I have met some amazing people who are working to improve the opportunities to save lives and support chronically ill waiting for and post transplant.

Rest In Peace Vale Jim Gleason.

Rob Manning- forever grateful recipient and passionate Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplant Awareness advocate.

AUSTRALIA

August 26, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Oh my goodness. Thank you for sharing. This is such a loss for our community 😔

August 26, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Such a loss for our community and for everyone who knew him. Jim was one of the first to welcome me into the transplant community. Hearing his story, learning from him and sharing in advocacy work has been an honour and a privilege

August 26, 2022
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

So sorry for your loss.

August 26, 2022
  • MbrownTransplant Patient

My sincere condolences!

August 26, 2022
  • MaryHall_TRIOTransplant Patient

My sincere condolences to his family.

August 26, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

So very sorry his loss. May he Rest In Peace.

August 26, 2022
  • kowalskikTransplant Patient

I’m very sad to hear.

August 27, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Jim was my mentor and friend / he taught me so much about the transplant world and it’s community. RIP and hope your smile continues to shine light on others

August 27, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

In case anyone wanted to go back and read it, here is a link to the interview we did with Jim earlier this year. He was such a big part of Transplantlyfe and this community, and will be greatly missed

August 29, 2022
  • Howanitz39Transplant Patient

So sorry to his family and friends for their loss of a great guy 💚💔

September 1, 2022