General — TransplantLyfe

General

Has anyone in the US used Cost Plus Drug Company for meds?

michelleTransplant Patient
August 31, 2022 in General

Does anyone have experience with getting transplant meds through Cost Plus Drug Company. (This is apparently a new pharmacy started by Mark Cuban of “Shark Tank” fame to make certain high cost drugs more affordable.)

I stumbled upon this pharmacy via a social media posting, so I am admittedly a little skeptical, but my interest is also piqued because my anti rejection meds are categorized as specialty drugs by my insurance company, and my per month out of pocket cost (without the drug manufacturer copay cards I use) is $100 (mycophenolate mofetil) and $200 (cyclosporine) respectively.

It looks like this pharmacy has mycophenolate mofetil for $12 for 90 capsules (which would be about a 3 week supply for me), but not cyclosporine.

All that said, I’m wondering if anyone has had experience in getting their transplant meds here.

Thanks in advance for any info or experience you can share.

Michelle

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• CatsMeow60Other

I've never heard of it before . Boy what a drop in price for your meds!

August 31, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

Have heard of it but do not have to use their pharmacy.

August 31, 2022
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Have not heard of it but interested to know more.

August 31, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

My husband is also a liver transplant recipient and takes the mycophenolate but not cyclosporine. Might want to check with your doctors if they can recommend something else. There are other rejection meds out there and see if that pharmacy carries other ones too, such as Sirolimus or Tacrolimus.

We’re all different and they affect everyone differently but it’s worth a try.

August 31, 2022
  • michelleTransplant Patient

I used to take tacrolimus (which was a $200 copay with my insurance), but was switched to cyclosporine (same cost) to manage some side effects. My drug cocktail is working well for me, so I’m not really interested in switching medications without a medical reason.

What I am mostly interested in is whether anyone has experience with using this pharmacy. Or whether it’s a too good to be true situation.

August 31, 2022