General — TransplantLyfe

General

A Bebtelovimab a monoclonal antibody

IreneTransplant Patient
September 14, 2022 in General

I am covid19 positive today, and I'm a post renal transplant of 3 years. I called my kidney team about being covid positive. I was recommenced to get an intravenous shots of Bebtelovimab. Did anyone here had this antibody and if did was there any side effects? Thanks in advance.

Irene

1 - 13 of 13 Replies

• Smbh4206Transplant Patient

When I was diagnosed with Covid for the second time, I was told to get amonchromal antibody infusion (I know the spelling is incorrect). Later in the day my BP shot up to 150/80 and my temp hit 100.6. When I contacted the transplant coordinator, she said to keep track of my oxygen level and if it dropped to go to the ER. The next day, I was fine and back to my normal. At my next visit with the transplant Nurse practitioner, she said that reaction was normal and expected. I am a year and a half post transplant.

September 15, 2022
  • Bagman12256Transplant Patient

I had this MA on day 7 of my second case of Covid. I had no side effects what so ever. I would do it again if necessary. I am almost 19 years post transplant if that helps.

September 15, 2022
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Congrats 19 yrs.TP. I am almost 2 yrs. LT and when I hear this it makes me so happy. Also so glad u r ok after Covid. I have been so fortunate to not have gotten Covid yet!

September 15, 2022

I should of said I hope all of u r feeling well after Covid b/c of being TP patients and the MA helps.

September 15, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

MA?

September 15, 2022

Monoclonal Antibody. I do not know much about it..

September 15, 2022
  • Blahjaj26Transplant Patient

I recieved bebtelovimab in early August for COVID. I had a mild cough going in to get the injection next day my cough was mostly gone. No adverse reactions or side effects.

September 15, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

My husband had Covid last month. He’s going on 10 yrs. Post transplant this month. Thankfully he had a mild case and masked up and so did I. He said it felt like a head cold and a little fatigue. I am going on 3yrs post transplant so he had to sleep in the basement for a week. I had an Evusheld injection in June that really boosted my antibodies. He is getting Evusheld his later later this month.

September 15, 2022
  • Mike114KidneyTransplant Patient

Kidney transplant 11-4-2020. 4- Covid shots 2- boosters. I caught Covid the last week of April 2022. It was to the point I couldn’t eat I went from drinking 100oz of water a day down to roughly 6oz. I couldn’t walk 15 feet to the bathroom without getting dizzy. I could hardly breath. I wound up hospitalized for only two days, given intravenous fluids nonstop. I got out feeling fairly good. I’ve ended up with some long term effects. The first part of June I was given evusheld without any side effects.

September 15, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

Sorry to hear it affected you so badly. The Evusheld really helped me and I didn’t have any side effects either.

Let’s not forget our flu shots, we have to protect ourselves.

September 15, 2022
  • Mike114KidneyTransplant Patient

Thank you.

we must be vigilant about our health and keeping ourselves well. I will do whatever is needed, we all owe that to ourselves and our donors and their family.

September 15, 2022
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I was given this too. No side effects. I was also given a liter of fluids as I was very dehydrated. I used an essential oil called Breath for my cough. It helped significantly. Besides feeling run down for a couple weeks my other symptoms went away rather quickly.

Hope you feel better soon!

September 17, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

So interesting to hear about all these cases - when I got covid I didn’t get anything but my case was minor so they didn’t want to mess with anything I guess…

September 17, 2022