Intestine — TransplantLyfe

Intestine

Introduce Yourself

SRKakaniTransplant Patient
Updated December 2, 2020 in Intestine

Hi I look forward to meet others on their Small Intestine transplant journey!

-Swapna (6.5 years post small intestine transplant)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Although my transplants are different I know we have much in common - can’t wait to learn more from you @SRKakani

December 3, 2020
  • RetropinupbabeTransplant Patient

Hi; My name is Sherri Gallimore. I really enjoyed meeting both Karin & Swapna yesterday in our virtual meeting for Multi visceral and Transplant group. Thank you Karin for introducing us to your awesome Lyfebulb/Transplantlyfe community. I’m looking forward to learning so much more from all of you.

I am listed and pre-transplant at this time.

February 13, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

They removed part of my small intestine when I had a liver transplant but I never actually got a small intestine transplant.

I’d be interested in hearing more about your experience. Even though we have different transplants I love how we can all learn from one another

February 15, 2021
  • KylactExpert
    Care Partner

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the site and I chose the Intestine forum as my daughter Bella is listed and wanting for a full bowel transplant (small and large). She was born with Hirschsprungs Didease, and battles intense flare ups a lot that involve painful bloating, chronic pseudo obstruction and dismotility issues. Bella is now 8y old and she has been waiting for new bowels for almost 2 years. She was listed in 2020 due to loss of vascular access and bowel failure.

You may know us from TikTok or IG as our handles are @kylact / Bella has gained quite the following for being brave through this life with a smile on her face and perseverance to find the joy in any situation.

I am Kyla, her mom. I have a son Waylon who is 3y old and my hubby’s name is Lyle. We live on an acreage in Saskatchewan, Canada and own a tree farm as well. I used to teach full time but have had to give that up due to Bellas intense medical needs. But thankfully becoming a content creator and being able to collaborate with brands has allowed me to support my family in such a way that allows me to be available any time Bella needs to go back into hospital or tend to her many daily medical requirements.

Thanks for reading through my novel here, ha ha and I am looking forward to conducting an AMA in July! Stay tuned.

June 9, 2022
  • AnnMarieCare Partner

Can not wait!!! Look forward to this and more 😃

June 9, 2022
  • KcruikCare Partner

mom to an almost 4-year old who received her multivisceral transplant in March, 2022. Looking forward to learning about others experiences and having a safe place to ask questions.

June 9, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Welcome @Kylact @Kcruik so glad you’re here!

June 10, 2022