Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

Sadness and Joy

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
December 6, 2020 in Kidney/Pancreas

It is so odd how the mood can be so fragile and things like weather, food and fluids can affect how we see life. Sometimes I am on top of the world and sometimes I just want to sleep - I never allow for the latter but push and push and normally Adrenalin kicks in and I start to feel better again - any other tips for raising the mood??

Tagged:

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• lescp3Care Partner

SO nice to see you share this, Karin. Thank you. It's sometimes hard to share the difficult times with others.

December 7, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Very hard @lescp3 but important to receive feedback that it is ok not to always be happy and not to always be strong. I am attracted to strength and I believe that people dismiss weakness - but I think I may be wrong? @AnnMarie

December 7, 2020
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

I deal with this as well! Whenever I'm feeling down I try to either talk to a friend or make myself do something productive - even if it's just mild exercise or cleaning up one room of the house - the feeling of accomplishing something helps boost my mood.

December 8, 2020
  • lescp3Care Partner

Me too! Feeling that I have "done" something makes me feel good. I am a checklist person.

December 8, 2020
  • AnnMarieCare Partner

We try to be strong but at times, we just can’t. It is ok to not be ok is a message to encourage as well as allow permission for someone to be with their feelings. In order to move past something we have to deal with it head on and that means being upset, down or not ok. By stating this to someone, you may help them embrace that place of vulnerability that is needed to begin healing.

December 9, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

It it still feels so bad @AnnMarie

December 14, 2020
  • AnnMarieCare Partner

Yes it is a process. Does not happen overnight and that can be hard to accept. Acceptance goes right along with this.

December 14, 2020