Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

Cooking

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated May 28, 2021 in Kidney/Pancreas

What is your favorite thing to cook? If I have the time and company - I love making a full dinner w appetizers, main course follows by dessert! I take great care to have the right ingredients and to avoid anything raw or spicy...Pairing w wine and coffee as well.

a typical menu for me could be:

warm goat cheese on a bed of spinach, topped w honey and pieces of walnuts

Oven baked Chilean sea bass in white wine, lemon and shallots, with asparagus and quinoa

Warm berries topped w vanilla ice cream (heisse liebe)

coffee and dark chocolate

what are your favorites??

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• lescp3Care Partner

My favorite menu right now is a one plate special (but requires 3 pans to clean at the end!):

Baked salmon with a teriyaki glaze

Coconut "milked" rice with some toasted almond slivers

Green beans, sauteed with garlic

But then my favorite dessert:

Rich vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted shredded coconut (careful not to burn it!) and drizzled with caramel sauce (a bit of whipped cream on the top is delicious!)

December 8, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Yummy!! @lescp3

December 8, 2020
  • rimkmrOther

I LOVE coconut rice. Weekly staple for me--easy to make in the rice cooker!

December 8, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Never had coconut rice! Have to try sometime but I avoid white rice - pure sugar...

December 8, 2020
  • Care_massTransplant Patient

Mmm that all sounds delish! I really enjoy a small plates meal so we get different flavors and textures in the same meal

I love a good charcuterie board, with Serrano ham some delicious emmental or Manchester cheese and fruits nuts and other such accompaniments

Since I have gastropareisis, I find that this was of eating satisfies me and keep nausea at bay. And it reminds me of Spain!

December 9, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@Care_mass i am totally into small plates too! Much prefer lots of bites vs a big steak for example

December 14, 2020