General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Goals

December 29, 2022 in General

What kind of lifesytle habits is everyone aiming to develop for themselves in 2023? Over the last few years I have held a mantra/word and made it into a bracelet or necklace to remind myself each year to be Brave, Strong, Bold, Embrace the challenge, etc.

As a caregiver to a child with transplant I often put him (and the other kids) before myself. So I am aiming for more nutrious meals for myself which hopefully the family also benefits from. And time to be active.

I'm not exactly sure what word I am going for in 2023, have you thought about one for yourself and do you mind sharing?

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@authenticallyapril for the past 2 years, I’ve kept the word “Flow” for my vision board. This year, I’ve been led to the word “Grow”. I feel like I’ve learned so much about my nervous system over the last couple of years that now I’m ready to grow and expand.

I’m planning on doing the Air Force base triathlon series (as long as I’m in town) this summer, if you’re interested! I also want to focus again on my more make-ahead breakfasts and lunches (i.e. chia pudding, smoothie bowels, overnight oats, mason jar salads, bulk prepped frozen lunches, etc.)

and you’re right. You can’t take care of those cute kids without taking care of mom first!

December 29, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm a late in the year birthday so I tend to do words for each age I am as opposed to calendar year. Last year was bloom, this year is embody.

I heard someone mention doing monthly resolutions as opposed to giant year long resolutions, and I like that idea so I'm trying it out this time. My January resolutions include specifically focusing supplements and nutrition on improving my gut health and starting a gentle physiotherapy/fitness routine to try and regain some of my core strength post abdominal wall transplant.

Overall I know this year I want to focus my monthly intentions around incorporating more pleasure, embodied healing and adventure in my life, and I'm really open to how that will look based on what I need as each month comes

December 30, 2022
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I to want to do the same. as the month of December has been a rough one for me dealing w/liver rejection, fell and dislocated and shattered my right shoulder, I had shoulder replacement but as u know due to being immunosuppressive, healing is not as fast as we would like.

I have been in/out of the hospital and now trying to get strong again.

Happy New Year Transplantlyfe 2023 I pray will be a good year for us.πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸ’šall. What a journey we all have been on..

December 31, 2022

I'm so very sorry to hear this! How are you doing? Please let me know if there's any way I can virtually support you! I pray that 2023 is a good year for you too!

January 5, 2023

Thank you so much Shelby, I so appreciate the support. I feel like I am on the mends again it is definitely slow but that is ok. I go for f/u visits Friday w/liver orthopedic Drs. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

January 5, 2023

I hope that you get the answers and the healing that you need!! β€οΈπŸ’“ο»Ώβ€οΈπŸ’“

ο»Ώ

January 5, 2023

I am counting on it..πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸŒΌπŸŒˆ

January 5, 2023
  • @Melsamm After a month like December it can only get better, right? I'm really sorry to hear about the rejection and shoulder replacement. My son had a really hard time after his 5 year liver biopsy in 2021 and we had a rough 6 months in and out of the hopsital afterwards. Every day he is healthy now and able to go to school is a good one. And one I remember to treasure.

January 5, 2023

I am so happy for him😊 and yes I plan on doing the same Treasure each and everyday to.

January 5, 2023