Liver β€” TransplantLyfe

Liver

Transplant anniversaries

meghansmithTransplant Patient
December 10, 2020 in Liver

Today is my 1 year transplant anniversary and it’s definitely making me feel a little emotional! Anyone else feel this way? Do you do anything special to commemorate your transplant anniversary?

Tagged:

1 - 14 of 14 Replies

• kashknCare Partner

@meghansmith I can't begin to even think how you are feeling but want to join in congratulating you on your 1-year anniversary! :) Would love to hear from our members but I want to ask - How are YOU celebrating? πŸ’œ

December 10, 2020
  • rimkmrOther

@meghansmith @kashkn Echoing Kinza, Congratulations!!! Huge day.

December 10, 2020
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Happy Transplant Anniversary! Congratulations on your first year.

Transplant anniversaries are always filled with mixed emotions. My family and I always find new ways to celebrate every year. My anniversary is close to Halloween so one year we brought treat bags to the nurses and doctors who were apart of my transplant journey. Another year we had a pumpkin decorating contest. It’s usually silly but we always look for ways to honor my donor while celebrating and enjoying the second chance I have been given.

December 10, 2020
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

Thank you! Due to the pandemic I didn't do much to "celebrate" besides have dinner with my parents... but definitely did lots of reflecting!

December 12, 2020

thank you!! those are great ideas! I had so hoped to go back with goodies for the transplant floor, but unfortunately with covid I couldn't visit, and they can't accept anything.

December 12, 2020
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’m 4 months out, so not close to the year mark yet, but it Covid allows I’d love to have a party with all the sweet treats I wasn’t allowed to eat pre-transplant

December 13, 2020
  • lescp3Care Partner

Meghan....just echoing the big congrats on the one year mark!!!

December 13, 2020

yes!! i would've loved to gather all my friends and family together to celebrate - maybe next year!! :)

December 13, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@meghansmith been off the forum for a few days and missed this very important news! CONGRATS 🍾🎈😍

1 year is huge and you need to celebrate and share / and feel great about yourself and your future!

hugs K

December 14, 2020

thank you so so much!! ☺️ it was a very small celebration with family during these covid times, but definitely a day full of celebrating and feeling grateful!❀️

December 14, 2020
  • kashknCare Partner

Thats beautiful, thank you for sharing!☺️

December 14, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@meghansmith that is the best celebration - w your family and enjoying peace and relaxing time! So excited for you to be feeling better and better as tine goes by - and you are already turning your gift into something very productive

December 15, 2020