General — TransplantLyfe

General

Live Vaccines Update

February 20, 2023 in General

I never know if I should start a new thread or keep going with the last one but I want people to see this.

My little Tough Tiny Tim recieved 2 doses of the Varicella Vaccine and hasn't had an adverse reactions to them. No fever, no rash. On top of this they did a blood draw to check for immunity and he HAS IT!! This is the best news ever. I hope more pediatric transplant patients are able to get these vaccines post transplant! My only hope is that they continue to monitor it yearly to make sure that the immunity doesn't wane.

Next month we start on MMR. Hope this one goes just as smoothly, but realize it may not.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

That's awesome, April! I often wonder how much we just accepted that this was the way things were and never pushed the envelope, and are now coming back around to find it doesn't have to be that way. Science is evolving every day. I'm so glad your little one is doing great, and I do hope this creates a ripple effect for the future

February 21, 2023
  • It is so incredible and we are so thankful. There are so many people not vaccinating now that I can't rely on the herd. So this is a step in the right direction. Next month we start the MMR and hoping and praying for good outcomes.

February 24, 2023