General — TransplantLyfe

General

Christmas

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated May 20, 2021 in General

What do you give someone who gave up an organ for you to live?

material stuff doesn’t cut it - being nice is a given - being healthy for sure is a good one - but it is exhausting to always be on!

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• AnnMarieCare Partner

WOW I want to follow! So interesting to think about saying "thanks" of giving gratitude for such a big gift ♥︎

December 23, 2020
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I love this question and I can’t wait to see all the different responses.

I unfortunately have never met my donor family but I try to find ways to honor my donor. Tell my story, give back to others and try to never take my second chance for granted.

December 23, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Doing good is clearly a great gift back - and I think donor families would love to learn more about what happens to their relative’s organ - how do we better create content for them?

for living donors it is a little different - I remember giving my dad a Nordic track machine the first year - I thought it would keep him healthy and it was a significant gift. The second year we spent a weekend together skiing - that was amazing! Now, 12 years later - I give him time w my daughter and w me / all three of us benefit :-)

December 23, 2020
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

the first year I gave my uncle (my living donor) an ornament representing our transplant, as well as a Donate Life sweatshirt and a few other small things. My family and I planned to take him/go on a big trip together, but obviously covid has put a damper on that this year!

December 24, 2020