General — TransplantLyfe

General

New Years Resolutions

meghansmithTransplant Patient
Updated May 28, 2021 in General

Do you set New Years resolutions? If so, what are they?

For me, I’m not a big resolutions person, but now that I’ve reached 1 year post transplant and can finally start weaning off prednisone, in the new year I want to really work on exercising more often as well as cutting back on sweet/salty foods!

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@meghansmith I normally dont really do that, but the New Year always make me reflect on what I could do better, and what I am grateful for.

I do want to become fitter in 2021 - start an exercise routine that does not injure me - my trend has been to exercise and get hurt so I have to take a break, and that defeats the purpose. It is hard though, since exercise to me is not about relaxing, it is about getting rid of tension and feeling physically exhausted and competing - I have never done exercise in a "slow" way, but it may be time to start doing that???

December 30, 2020
  • lescp3Care Partner

I am loving YOGA! mixed in with other exercise ... so it can be a long term plan. My resolution for 2021 is to make sure to do yoga at least once a week to keep some flexibility in my body. As well, it is the one time i just think about exactly what I am doing and not anything else!!!

January 3, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I also not big on resolutions. For 2021 I’m focusing on self care and trying new things.

January 4, 2021
  • Care_massTransplant Patient

This tear, I really want to start working towards a more fulfilling career. I am a customer service manager for a retail organization, but I feel like I want to take my people skills to a nonprofit org where I can make a difference in people's lives, not just schlepping hats around the world:)

January 8, 2021