General โ€” TransplantLyfe

General

What are you happy about today?

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
April 25, 2023 in General

Spring is around the corner and it’s quite warm already in some areas (or getting ready for winter for our Southern Hemisphere friends).

What are some things you’re taking joy in right now?

For me, I’m loving all the flowering trees in my backyard. I’m getting ready to plant an herb garden in my front yard after Mother’s Day (US holiday).

How about you?

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Love this question! Today I'm happy because my new transplant sweater showed up, and a new pair of hiking boots for when I hit the trails this summer. I have a few trips coming up, and I'm thrilled and incredibly grateful that I have the opportunity to do this, because I remember even last summer waiting for my abdominal wall replacement not knowing if I would ever have this opportunity.

April 26, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

I celebrate you and your journey so far!! Seems like you’re doing great!! I love that sweater was it made just for you or is it a stocked sweater?? Continue to take care and have a great summer!!

I love spring, it’s so full of new life and new opportunities. My husbands having lots of doctors appointments and we are trying to prepare ourselves for him to have a kidney transplant. We never thought that 2 of us would have to go through that experience. But we begin each day with joyful hearts and hope for the future.

April 26, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Deb, I really like your outlook. U and your husband joyful heart and hope for the future. U touch my heart, I needed to see this today. Thank you ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

April 27, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Deb its from transplantstrong! My friend Danny runs it, he’s a liver transplant recipient from the UK. You can find all their stuff on their Instagram @transplant_strong

April 27, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Wow @Deb That is intense! One transplant is stressful enough. I wish you luck on your new adventure (I learned that term from @Denise_R She likes using the word “adventure” over “journey” and I’ve adopted it too!)

@AliEm14 I’m in love with your sweatshirt. I think I’m going to need to get one from Danny too!

April 27, 2023
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

@Deb Two transplants is a whole lot - but your attitude is everything you need to carry you through your adventure!

@Shelbycreates I'm glad I'm not the only one who has adopted adventure over journey - because transplant truly is an adventure!

@AliEm14 I love Danny's shirts - I have got to order one of my own!

And @Shelbycreates I'm with you! Spring flowers are giving me such joy right now - I planted my summer garden and have done all the wildflower hikes in my area! Spring is my favorite! And also, our nonprofit Heartfelt Help Foundation is having it's annual Block Party fundraiser on Sunday and it's shaping up to be a lot of fun!

April 27, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@Denise_R I love that! I wish I was local to go to that!! You’ll have to post pictures for sure. โค๏ธ

April 28, 2023
  • kidneywarriorTransplant Patient

I am always taking joy in listening to music. Right now I'm listening to Amy Winehouse's "Stronger Than Me", may she rest in peace. I love how she poured herself into her craft...

May 1, 2023