General — TransplantLyfe

General

1 Year Kidneyversary!

jillralkeeTransplant Patient
May 1, 2023 in General

What a milestone it's been, so excited to celebrate a year with my kidney named Julie! I wanted to share a few photos from my donor and I's party we had on Saturday! I hope you all had a great weekend!

What is a milestone you have hit so far in your transplant journey? I'd love for you all to share :)

1 - 17 of 17 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Congrats!! I’m in love with the pictures. What a way to celebrate. My milestone last year was my first triathlon after transplant. This year I’m planning on a couple more. ❤️

May 1, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Wow! I need to celebrate more... I love this! I went to the doctor on my 6 month anniversary. All was well, it was just a regular ol' follow up. I think I stopped for a gluten free soft pretzel on the way home... ha!!

Congratulations on 1 year! beautiful celebration!

May 1, 2023
  • Rowdy38Transplant Patient

Happy Anniversary !

I had a couple of mild setbacks my first year, so my best milestone was when the transplant team told me I graduated to annual checkups. I smiled all the way home. They even gave me a goofy little diploma. Sorry no pictures.

May 2, 2023
  • KouimetCare Partner

My oldest child had their one year kidney transplant anniversary on April 9, 2023 and my youngest child had his one year transplant anniversary on April 10, 2023. They both received their kidneys less than 24 hours apart. Both were from different deceased donors, but both kids had same surgeon and hospital and were able to recover two doors down from each other and got discharged on the same day 10 days later.

May 2, 2023
  • MarydmacTransplant Patient

Happy Transplant Birthday! Beautiful on so many levels!!

May 2, 2023
  • jillralkeeTransplant Patient

Wow that is so beautiful I love that!! Congrats to them :)

May 2, 2023

@TServold a pretzel sounds amazing! And yes, I agree we really have to celebrate. Every milestone is a reason to celebrate. ❤️

May 3, 2023

@Rowdy38 I love that. The less we have to see the doc, the better in my opinion! It means we get to get busy living life.

May 3, 2023

@Kouimet that sounds like a wild adventure for your family. Happy belated transplant anniversary to your kiddos!!

May 3, 2023
  • KatieTransplant Patient

What a fabulous way to celebrate. I am just 3 weeks today had my kidney transplant, feeling great., still a little sore but getting around now walking at normal pace and doing stairs.

Only joined yesterday so feel free to point me in the right directions.. so good to read of others who have gone through this too x

May 9, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Katie 3 weeks! That's insane!

Where did you have your transplant? I'd love to hear more about your story

May 9, 2023
  • lescp3Care Partner

OH MY GOODNESS what a journey this must have been (and continues to be) for you and your family. Please share more with us - you can start a new thread about DOUBLE TRANSPLANTS - 2 transplants. 2 children. 2 days. We want to hear about it. SO glad to hear they are celebrating their anniversaries together :)

May 9, 2023
  • lescp3Care Partner

I see you DID just THIS - thank you - a step ahead!!!!

May 9, 2023
  • jillralkeeTransplant Patient

Katie! Wow, congrats on 3 weeks post. If you have any questions feel free to message me! I know that feeling being a few weeks out. It Definitely takes a bit to feel normal again but walking is the best thing for you :)

May 9, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

Congratulations!

May 17, 2023
  • coopscadoopTransplant Patient

Happy kidneyversary! I recently ran my first half marathon post-transplant. It was faster than any race pre-transplant. A big milestone in my book!

June 5, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Congratulations to you as well.

June 6, 2023