Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Kidney Disease and Music

Berriosa1234Transplant Patient
May 26, 2023 in Kidney

Hi everyone, What kind of music do you all like to listen to help calm your nerves for your doctors appointments/Transplant evals/dialysis (for those doing it) and the like?

I really enjoy singer-song writer musicians. Example- Dave Mattews band, Jack Johnson, John Mayer. I also love good alternative bands like Incubus and Foo Fighters.

Tell me what you like. I am always interested to find new music to listen to.

Tagged:

1 - 13 of 13 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I created a transplant playlist, and I listened to it often pre liver transplant and while I was hospitalized. It's one of those ones that can take me right back to the moment.

During my abdominal wall transplant, I did something similar but I had friends add songs to a playlist for me. I ended up with the widest variety of music, from sea shanties to ballads, but that playlist holds a special place in my heart knowing it was made by people who love me, and it got me through some of those extremely hard days

May 26, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

Music is so cathartic and freeing. It brings me so much joy. When we have to deal with anything healthcare related it helps for me to be able to put on my headset and go back to a more peaceful place.

May 26, 2023
  • Howanitz39Transplant Patient

To calm my nerves while I was at the hospital to get ready for my transplant I listened to the song Come along remixed by the group Pentatonix. I did not think of making a Playlist before but if a had to do this all over again I would make one with more songs from Pentatonix and from Pink. From reading a lot of post that people have shared on here I know I would take a lot of ideas that everyone has shared. 💚🌻

May 27, 2023
  • Nickhansen795Transplant Patient

If I am trying to calm down or relax, slower stuff/country.. but if I'm tired (more the case lately for whatever reason), music more like Metallica.

May 27, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Someone on Instagram mentioned sound healing - is this something anyone has tried?

i’ve heard a lot about it, and am intrigued. I definitely want to know more

May 30, 2023

I am intrigues to learn more about sound healing as well. what do you know about it?

May 30, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

That was me that mentioned sound healing!! Sound resonance therapy sends the body into a parasympathetic state also known as rest and recover. Distinctive resonant tones, such as sound bowls and gongs, not only permit me access to the ‘cosmic symphony,’ but also a means by which harmony could be restored within the body on the physiological as well as the psychospiritual level. A singing bowl will activate the water within a person’s body as it resonates. This resonance helps to settle different body systems, by bringing breath, qi 氣, entraining with the heart and balancing the autonomic nervous system.

May 30, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm so glad you're here to contribute to the conversation! This sounds amazing. I've heard a little about sound healing around things like vibrational frequency, but its one area I haven't gone too deep into. Are there some resources you like that would be accessible for someone looking to try this for the first time?

May 30, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I’m curious on this… What is your hype up music? We talk about calming the nerves, and making peace with yourself but what does it look like after? Or, when you are celebrating, what is on that playlist? I would love specifics. I listen to anything and everything. There are musical numbers, punk, country, hip hop, tenny bop, reggae, and even “oldies” on my super mix. What do you choose when you are being hyped up and celebrating?

June 8, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@TServold oh gosh girl I got playlists! I have a playlist specifically called LABS and I play it every time I’m driving to labs or clinic or just need to get pumped. I can drop the link if you want it. It’s a lot of empowerment, indie rock/pop songs

June 9, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 heck yeah!!

June 9, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love to listen to singer song writer music on my either Apple music or spotify. I also do some meditation music when im at dialysis and when i get my labs drawn. Music makes things some much easier to handle

June 10, 2023