Heart — TransplantLyfe

Heart

I just had a heart transplant 25 days ago!

AngelaneufeldTransplant Patient
June 3, 2023 in Heart

Hello everyone my name is Angela and I’m 47. I look forward to meeting and connecting with you all. I just had a heart transplant, it’s day 25 for me today. What a journey this whole experience is so surreal I look forward to meeting other people that are in similar situations. I have had three weekly heart biopsies that have been really good so now they go to biweekly for the next three months and then after that once a month. I am allowed to leave about an hour away and that’s where I will be for the next three months and then after that if all goes well, I can finally head home about eight hours away. I’ve been documenting my journey on YouTube, which has been my way of getting through it if you’re interested, my channel is called BuckRidgeHomestead . If anyone has any questions about getting the call and being on the list, or medications let me know. A I feel so much gratitude and blessed today I wrote a letter to the donor family and I’m excited to get that submitted to the BC transplant centre is anyone else here from British Columbia Canada? So much love and support to you all. Whatever you’re going through I’m right there with you.🫀🩵

warmly

angela

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Congratulations on your transplant! 25 days out things still feel so new and crazy.

I'm in Alberta, so neighbours to you! I had a liver transplant (2 actually!) in 2020

@Sdey0522 is a person I know who has had a heart transplant, and he is a wealth of knowledge.

June 3, 2023
  • AngelaneufeldTransplant Patient

Wow so nice to meet you! Thank you!

June 4, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thanks, @AliEm14 .

Hi @Angela1218 👋🏽

Congratulations on being blessed with the Gift of Life! I was in your predicament about 8 years ago. I received my GIFT of a heart on April 20, 2015. (I was transplanted at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore (close to Washington DC, 🇺🇸).

I'd love to hear more about your journey & of course, I too will share my story too. It's been crazy and amazing 💯. I'm extremely lucky, completely blessed and eternally grateful to be here today.

If you have any questions/concerns along the way, please don't hesitate to ask - I will answer any non-medical question. I'm sure you're very comfortable approaching your transplant team for any query and you're fully compliant with everything to prolong your life with the best possible outcome.

I will send you a direct message and we can be more connected. Best wishes on the transplant journey ahead. Stay healthy and blessed.

I'm so happy you're on this forum! See you around!

Best,

Sam.

June 5, 2023
  • AngelaneufeldTransplant Patient
  • montrealTransplant Patient

Congratulations.

Bless the one who gave.

Enjoy life, I think your exploits on social media are the best way to bring memories to your future descendants. It looks beautiful there and the food doesn't look bad either. I'll bring the wine.

Give back and get others to become organ donors, spread the love.

David, heart recipient

October 22, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Congratulations!! I hope you continue to feel well and do amazing. I will definitely check out your journey on YouTube.

October 22, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Congrats! Live life well

October 23, 2023