General — TransplantLyfe

General

Sucralose Toxicity

A_RayTransplant Patient
June 8, 2023 in General

Many of you are probably diabetic and try to avoid sugar and sugary foods. As a result, many of you probably use sucralose as an artificial sweetener. I know I have been. No longer. A new study from credible sources have show it to be genotoxic. It can damage DNA. Learn more here: https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/news/20230601/sucralose-genotoxic-linked-leaky-gut-study

I am trying to stick to stevia and monk fruit, hoping that they are sage. They are at least plant based and natural. Of course, snake venom is "natural", too. Any input is welcome.

Tagged:

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

With my condition (the reason I was transplanted) I grew up not being able to have sugar, even natural sugar. Post transplant was the first time I had anything sweet, and I think that's why I never developed a sweet tooth! Because I hadn't grown up on it, even fruit tastes really sweet to me.

I don't gravitate towards a lot of sweets even now, but definitely don't deprive myself if I'm feeling like I want something. Usually if its something I'm making at home, I'm opting for things like honey or maple syrup

June 8, 2023
  • Charles_Williams_SrTransplant Patient

Check your “sugar free” product labels - often substituted with aspartame or sucralose….

June 8, 2023