General — TransplantLyfe

General

Tac Headache

TServoldTransplant Patient
June 11, 2023 in General

How do you treat your Tac Headaches?

I fairly certain I have had two Tac Headaches since my transplant. One a few months ago and one today. They have come on strong and hard. Both have been while I was driving home. As soon as I get home I need to vomit and lay down to close my eyes. After an hour of just laying still with my eyes closed, falling to sleep I start to feel better. After reading through a few posts and comments it seems this is the only way to treat this? Any other suggestions?

Tagged:

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

My go to is usually laying down on the dark. I also utilize ice packs quite a bit. I do have a prescription for a pain medication if they get too intense, but I don’t use those unless I really have to

June 12, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Anyone have a go-to, to prevent them? I have a small headache today, right behind my left eye, and I fear that this might be the onset of a tac headache. Selfishly, this will be very inconvenient for me today (not that its ever convenient) is there anything I can do to help prevent it? I know many migraine sufferers use some meds when they start to feel migraines coming on. I've never experienced migraines, is this equivalent?

June 22, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi I usually will do like AliEm, it seems to work well. I to try to avoid the pain meds. I have never experienced HA’s b/f in my life so this definitely new. The one time I had one so bad is b/c my tacro level was really high.

June 22, 2023