General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transplant Games Summer of 2024

QTwalk20Transplant Patient
June 11, 2023 in General

I was wondering if anybody in the transplant community; care givers, donors, and Transplant recipients wanted to participate in the transplant games in Birmingham, Alabama next July from July 5th to 10th. My goal is to participate with my donor and her family. The summer games are every two years. I missed the games last summer in San Diego. Participating in the games is on my bucket list. Message me on Transplantlyfe if interested

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• coopscadoopTransplant Patient

Those reading this plz feel free to DM me too. I will be there doing the running and tennis events :) Message send to you @QTwalk20

June 11, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

that’s so cool! I’m hoping to do the Canada 2024 games

June 12, 2023
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

Hi!

As of right now, I'm planning on attending. I competed last year in San Diego, but am not sure how I feel about running in Alabama in July....

June 21, 2023
  • ChasedreamsTransplant Patient

I would love to participate in that! I live in NH and would have to travel but it would be worth it! :)

June 27, 2023
  • ole_ball_coachTransplant Patient

I'm 10 weeks post LTx. I had not heard about them but i'm only a couple of hours away. I guess that could be a goal to set.

June 28, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Congratulations on 10 months so happy for your LTP. wishing you many more to come. you go ole_ball_coach I think that’s a great goal. 😊💚

June 28, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Yes, I wish to participate.

June 29, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

We had a webinar last month featuring 2 medal winners who competed at the World Transplant Games for teams Australia and Canada @EmmyO @Jillbest

It was incredible, and definitely an inspiration to start training to compete in my country's games next summer. If you missed it, you can find it under the education tab!

June 29, 2023