General — TransplantLyfe

General

Sleep post-transplant

coopscadoopTransplant Patient
June 11, 2023 in General

Have there been any changes to you sleep habits and ability after transplant?

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I sleep great now! 😂

pre transplant I was waking up every 2 hours to take meds, so I’d never actually slept through the night until post transplant. I had no idea when I was in it what sleep deprivation was doing to my body

June 12, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I sleep WAY less. Having type 1 diabetes frequently kept me from sleeping all night, due to mid-night blood sugar checks, false CGM readings, high or low blood sugars, etc. Then, with stage 3 and 4 CDK I was exhausted all the time. I would sleep about 10 hours at night. After transplant the high dose of prednisone kept me from sleeping much, and now that my dose is down to 5mg I get what I think is regular sleep, but I still can function effectively with 5 hours of sleep a night.

June 22, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I use to sleep pre Transplant but I think it was due to the liver disease. Post transplant I am lucky if I get 4/5 hrs sleep, I feel it’s a restless sleep. I have talked to my TP team they suggest melatonin I tried it but did not feel like it helped. I feel like it’s one of things about TP that has affected me. I am very active during the day, I feel tired at night but when I go to bed it’s toss/turn.

June 22, 2023