General — TransplantLyfe

General

These are the moments worth living for

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
July 7, 2023 in General

This past week I got to spend time on the BC coast with my friend and her family. I’m an alberta girl, and the Rockies are my home. I’ve never been to the ocean, and was not prepared for all the ways in which I’d fall in love.

during one of our days, my friend and I got to swim in the ocean. It was cold, and the waves were big and it was the kind of moment that demands your full attention. And as we were swimming I thought “this! This is everything I wanted! This is the kind of moment you stay alive for”

i had a similar moment immediately post transplant, when I went outside for the first time and all the colours looked more vibrant and I was in love with being alive.

I hope that for you too, that you find moments where you fall in love with being alive, where you do new things for the first time and make memories, where you can honour the entirety of your experience and know every part of you belongs

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• KaseyBTransplant Patient

Hi love! What a spectacular experience!! Thank you for sharing :-). I had one on Thursday.

My dad had a boat since before I was born and we used to boat on the Mississippi River ALL the time!! My whole childhood, teen years through my 30's I guess. Life got in the way I suppose and even though he still had a boat into his 70's, our paths didn't really intersect for me to be with him on the river.

Last year for our anniversary, my husband and I chartered a boat for a couple of hours to take us on the river. I cried. But we didn't swim.

Last Thursday was our anniversary and we chartered the boat again for 3 hours and our driver took us to a sand bar and we went swimming!!! I was SO present because I wanted to savor every moment. The sand between my toes. The feeling/temperature of the water. How it held me up, how it felt as it went by.

It was totally a moment of being in love with being ALIVE!!!

We're all in a special club aren't we? cherishing our moments, maybe more than others stop to think about it.

You're helping me to remember every morning, every moment is worth cherishing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful moment and asking us to share one of ours!

I so appreciate YOU!!!

Kasey

July 7, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi, I love hearing your adventures, I am living vicariously thru you both, especially in love w/being Alive❤️

Thanks again for sharing..

July 7, 2023