General — TransplantLyfe

General

How to do deal with your partner/wife abandoning you during transplant/post-transplant?

maanasTransplant Patient
Updated January 11, 2021 in General

how can one overcome the emotional pain when someone blames you for getting a transplant and then abandons you

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• Kimothy80Transplant Patient

Oof. First of all, I'm sorry. That just flat-out sucks. It hasn't happened to me but did happen to a friend of mine. It hurt him a great deal but made him realized that his wife wasn't willing up to live up to her vows "in sickness and in health" and she just couldn't handle it (for whatever reason). It was over 10 years ago, and though it took time, my friend has healed and moved on.

January 11, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@maanas i totally understand your pain - when I was waiting to get my kidney I was getting to know a man who I thought would be a great partner but when he found out that I was “flawed”, he told me he would not be able to be part of this venture / he had “too much going on”. In some ways better to find out before of course but it still hurt!

January 11, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@maanas as for solving the issue - the best you can do is to live your best possible life and move on from this person without too many scars

January 11, 2021