General — TransplantLyfe

General

Cyclosporine -in or out of packs

WarriorLady61Care Partner
July 20, 2023 in General

I wanted to know if there are others out there that were told that it was ok to have their cyclosporine out of the bubble pack/ blister packs to fit into the pill boxes… I had called the manufacture to get guidance and they could tell me yes or no.. our transplant team said it was safe to have them out of the pack for 7 days to fill a pill box.. what I wanted to know if anyone out there had been given the same guidance or had noticed if there were any efficacy changes . I’m just having a hard time with this and fearing that it might be affecting my mom? She’s on Mycophenalate , magnesium oxide, prednisone , Ursodiol ,calcium D3 supplemented bevause her bone health got affected from her liver and kidney disease , and other medications for her potassium levels, high cholesterol ..

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• WarriorLady61Care Partner

I’m sorry , I meant to say the manufacturer couldn’t tell me yes it was safe to have them out… they just kept saying to keep it in the blister pack as they have no info on that

July 20, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I was never told that! I always had mine in the pill container with my other meds

July 20, 2023
  • WarriorLady61Care Partner

@AliEm14 hi! Like you had them out of the blister pack? ( those are so hard to get out of those too lol)

July 20, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Yep. All my meds always go in the same pill container, just the pills, not in packages or anything

July 20, 2023