Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Kidney Transplant Story

QTwalk20Transplant Patient
Updated July 20, 2023 in Kidney

I was diagnosed with kidney disease the summer of 2011 at 19 years young; after graduating from high school on Sunday, May 8th, 2011. My twin brother and I were diagnosed with damage to the kidney filters called glomerulonephritis the summer after graduating from high school in 2011. My brother got sick in 2016 and had a successful kidney transplant on Wednesday, 1/11/17 at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, MO and I got sick in 2018 and had to travel for a kidney transplant late summer of 2019 because my surgeon who was supposed to do my part of the transplant got fired for sexual harassment; so we took a trip to the Methodist Speciality and Transplant Hospital in San Antonio, TX and had a successful kidney transplant on Thursday, 8/1/19 and was discharged on Sunday, 8/4/19 at 11:19 AM; former 44th president Barack Obama’s birthday! Was in San Antonio from Saturday, July 27th, 2019 to Wednesday, August 21st, 2019. Has been a long journey. Grateful for the people I have met through Transplantlyfe so far. Life is a journey not a destination. “Progress is not linear; sometimes you have to take a step back and think about your next move”

love the Transplantlyfe community. Be kind and take care of eachother!

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Welcome to our community! We're so glad you're here

July 20, 2023
  • QTwalk20Transplant Patient

Thank you! Much appreciated. Thanks for the support. Has been a long journey

July 20, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Thank you for sharing your story!

July 20, 2023
  • QTwalk20Transplant Patient

No problem! Thanks for letting me a part of this community! You guys are awesome. I have more of my story to share, but this is a good start! Thanks for the kindness, love, and support from this incredible community!

July 20, 2023