Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Finding a living donor kidney

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated January 14, 2021 in Kidney

Hi everyone - I was fortunate enough to have a father who was not only a blood (O neg and I am O pos), and tissue match (3/6) but also willing and able to donate one of his kidneys to me - thank you Pappa @mhehen ! However, not everyone is that lucky! Most of you know that a living donor organ is preferred over a deceased donor organ, although they work well too. I reside in Westport, Ct, and just found out that a fellow Weatporter, @Cathy_T is looking for a kidney - any advice from this group?? @JimGleason @mikem And others??

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• I am a friend of @Cathy_T, whom Lisa mentioned above. I created a multi-media campaign to help spread the word and get Cathy a kidney. Below is a short overview of her story. Please visit https://akidneyforcathy.com/ to take a confidential, no-obligation survey to see if you're a match. Follow Cathy's Campaigns on Instagram + Social media, and share, share, share! Thank you! @akidneyforcathy.com

January 15, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient
  • DeAnna_SDonor

I literally just joined 20 minutes ago. Please forgive any etiquette mistakes and typos.

I've been extremely passionate about donation my whole life. The biggest reason it took me this long to begin the process is lack of knowledge about living donor. I knew it existed but I thought the requirements were way more stringent than I am finding them. From a donor perspective I think we need far more education about becoming a living donor.

January 27, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@akidney4cathy did you see @DeAnna_S note??

January 27, 2021