Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

A loss in our community

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
July 24, 2023 in Kidney

It is with a heavy heart I share the news that our community lost another member recently.

Here is the latest update, posted by Philip's family: "On July 19th, after an outstanding and brave fight, we lost our Son, Brother, Uncle, Godfather, and Friend Philip (Phil). Phil was an amazing leader in the world of teaching and education. He continuously impressed us with his kindness, compassion, and resilience as he lived with various health conditions. Despite these physical challenges, he was always selfless and lived life to the fullest, recently being accepted to several universities. He was an active member and advocate of the YNOTT foundation which caters to youth in need of organ and tissue transplants. Phil was a God fearing man so it brings us comfort knowing that he now sits at the feet of God, free of pain and suffering." 

@Philipjones17 was an active member of our transplant community here at Transplantlyfe, and made huge strides in advocating for organ donation and transplantation through his foundation A Second Chance. Those of us who had the privilege of knowing Philip were inspired by his passion, and he was always quick to offer encouragement and support, even in the midst of his own struggles.

Even if you didn't personally know Philip, I know losing someone within the transplant community can be hard. If you're struggling with this news and need support, please reach out to myself or one of our community managers here on TransplantLyfe. @Sdey0522 @Berriosa1234

Grief is a very real part of this transplant life, and if there is any way we can support you we would love to do so and be able to help in this way.

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Thank you for letting us know. It's never easy losing someone. I just looked up the YNOTT foundation. I had never heard of it. Looks like an awesome foundation. Sad to lose someone so inspiring.

July 24, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thank you so much, @AliEm14 . It was shocking to hear about loss of our friend and #warrior, @Philipjones17 . May his beloved soul R.I.P. 🕯 💐 🙏.

As you indicated, as a kidney recipient he was a strong advocate for Organdonation and Trransplantation. He was an inspiration and he'll be remembered fondly by all who knew him, even if it was just a brief encounter.

Among many things that he was involved with, he hosted a good Podcast as well. #RIP Phillip.

July 24, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

I had the opportunity to be a guest on his podcast twice. His unwavering support for the transplant community will not go unnoticed. He was a great man and he will be missed.

July 24, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

It breaks my heart to hear this news. About Phillip and so many others in our community. Im sending my deepest condolences to his family, friends, people in this community whom have crossed paths with him, and our community as a whole. I believe we all collectively feel things such as grief for each other, joy for each other and all other emotions as we navigate this journey.

July 24, 2023
  • QTwalk20Transplant Patient

Sad to hear. He left a legacy. Let’s keep this community going strong in his honor!

July 25, 2023