Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

How do you feel after dialysis?

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
August 10, 2023 in Kidney

I felt so incredibly drained after my dialysis sessions. Wobbly, w a strange headache and foggy brain. All I really wanted to do was to sleep….

Tagged:

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

• fern22Transplant Patient

After in-clinic hemodialysis, I felt and looked like a zombie. I felt like skin and bone, so weak, so fragile, extreme fatigue, no appetite, headaches, brain fog, blood shot eyes. I would go in for treatment at 5:30 and get out around 9:30. I could only ever drive myself home from treatment twice. I had to get transportation from other people because it just wasnt safe for me to operate a vehicle afterwards. I couldnt function. I would go home and sleep for 4-6 hours. I switched to PD and it was a little better. I could function at least but that had its own side effects. I was able to get back to work and be more active so that was a huge win. But I also experienced more chronic pain and fatigue, I gained weight really quickly and then just always carried fluid in me, sometimes i wasnt getting enough dialysis and I had more restrictions that I did on Hemo although my fluid restriction wasnt as tight as it was on hemo. I struggled with restlessness during the night and restless leg syndrome and many other major chronic pain issues, while feeling completely fatigued during the day. But like i said i was able to find some functionality again compared to being on hemo so it was still a win in comparison.

August 10, 2023