Liver β€” TransplantLyfe

Liver

Medicinal Mushrooms

KateWolfeTransplant Patient
August 10, 2023 in Liver

I am a year and a half post LTP and doing very well. I used to drink Chaga in my coffee and would like to go back to it. I have been reading about the mushroom coffee products as well. I’m wondering about trying it in moderation. Anyone else heard anything about whether we can have this?

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Other Answers

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I keep seeing Instagram ads for these products. I am very interested in the benefits for transplant patients. It is actually on my list of questions to ask my doctor tomorrow. I will let you know what he has to say.

August 10, 2023
  • KateWolfeTransplant Patient

Thanks!

August 10, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi, yes make sure u check w/your Dr. a lot seems to interfere w/our meds. I am bit of a holistic person and things I want take r a no! I am almost 3yrs. LTP.

August 11, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I don't actually know the answer to this! Definitely ask your doctor, and maybe your transplant pharmacist if you have one.

I did some herbalism training a while ago, and I remember one of the things that a lot of mushrooms have is immune boosting properties, which obviously if you're on immune suppression can cause problems. Also sourcing with anything (natural or pharmaceutical) is very very important, as I'm sure you know.

Be sure to let us know what you find out - I'd be interested to hear the answer!

August 11, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi me to😊😊

August 11, 2023