General — TransplantLyfe

General

Flu

TServoldTransplant Patient
August 16, 2023 in General

I know that the USA follows Australia for flu guidance. My nurse friends tell me that we are slated to have a rough flu season, based on this past winter in Australia. How are you preparing for the upcoming flu season, and I suspect that will this be flu and covid season?

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Here in Canada headlines are saying we're expecting a triple wave of the flu, covid and RSV. I'm really nervous to see how this will impact our healthcare system, especially since they are already strained from the pandemic and people not taking covid as seriously anymore.

We never stopped taking precautions at my house, and we'll be receiving flu shots and covid boosters when eligible.

August 16, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I am always on high alert since the transplant 17 years ago. It's been routine to constantly wash my hands. But I have my flu vaccine scheduled for the first week of October. I ordered more masks since I was running low anyway. I also went to Costco and bought lots of hand sanitizer. Although the viruses make me very nervous, I definitely do not plan on hiding in my house. I will avoid large crowds, but I am excited for the weather to cool down and experience life!

August 16, 2023