General — TransplantLyfe

General

Flu vaccine 2023

DebTransplant Patient
September 25, 2023 in General

Has anyone had the new flu vaccine and had bad side effects?? I’ve had several friends get the vaccine and end up with severe stomach upset with major vomiting and diarrhea! I’m due to get mine in a few weeks and I’m worried about it.

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@Deb Hi! I received my flu shot on Sunday morning. No major symptoms. I had a little headache and maybe slight fatigue yesterday. But today I am back to normal.

October 2, 2023

1 - 16 of 16 Other Answers

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

My daughter had hers this past weekend and she had zero side effects from it..

September 26, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

That’s encouraging. Thank you!!

September 26, 2023

I will receive mine on Sunday, I will let you know. But everyone that I know that has received it so far has just said they've had a little fatigue.

September 28, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Jeanmarie thank you I appreciate your response. From what I’ve been told most don’t have anything major. I’m thinking maybe the folks around here already had something before getting the flu shot. I will get mine soon.

October 2, 2023

I try to hydrate a little extra the day before. And plan on it being a lazy day when I receive it. Our bodies go through a lot so I try to be gentle with myself.

October 4, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Thank you. I do remember getting very tired the past few years but one year I got very sick. I ached all over, tan a fever I was miserable. I just don’t want to go through that again. I’m already not feeling 100% lately. I will definitely increase my water I’m trying to do better with that.

October 5, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Jeanmarie/Deb, I am working on trying to hydrate more to.. so hard.

October 5, 2023
  • Kidneyguy81Transplant Patient

@Deb I'm on my third kidney transplant, I have dealt with CKD my entire life. I have never missed any sort of vaccine. The only side effect I get is a little bruise and ache on my arm.

I have been very fortunate and have had no issues with any vaccine.

November 8, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Kidneyguy 81 that’s great you don’t experience side effects. I don’t d get my flu shots t and I was really tired for a few days and hot flashes were rough but I’m great now. Still need to schedule RSV, Covid and shingles vaccine. Ugh.

November 8, 2023
  • Kidneyguy81Transplant Patient

I'm glad things are better for you! Thats great news! I have so many friends that get side effects from vaccines. I'm due for my booster as well.

November 8, 2023

Hi Deb how were your labs?

November 8, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I had my flu vaccine last weekend and I was worried, but didn’t even notice it… still have the bandaid but no pain or bruise )

November 10, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Melsamm I finally heard from my coordinator yesterday and she said things were about the same as they were last time so she was happy. My doctor is out of town and will update me next week if I need to make changes. So good news!! How are you doing??

November 11, 2023

Yay Deb, I am doing well, I go next week for my labs. I always hope for a decrease in my meds too, will see😊 we just have to stay positive/healthy.

November 11, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Yes we do Melsamm! Keeping a positive attitude is 1/2 the battle. Good luck on your labs!! Have a great weekend!

November 11, 2023