General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
October 8, 2023 in General

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!

this year I’m thankful for another year of life thanks to my incredible organ donor (my first thanksgiving post transplant was less than 2 months post surgery and my first outing ever was to the grocery store to buy pumpkin pie. I dressed up, it was a whole ordeal)

also feeling grateful for my friends and family with whom I get to spend this holiday weekend, and the gorgeous weather for what might be the last time before snow flies!

what are you thankful for?

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• Marc212Transplant Patient

A Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you and yours! Not Canadian, but wishing you well! I'm thankful for every single moment of life; every day is another opportunity for learning from others and helping others. Keep on the sunny side, my friends!

October 8, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to my new Transplant friends. I know I’m thankful to each of you as new friends who share our new transplanted lives with one another. Enjoy!! πŸ¦ƒπŸπŸŽ‚πŸ‚

Joyeuse Action de Grace!

October 8, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadians friends too. Marc agree w/ everything you saidπŸ’šπŸ˜ŠπŸπŸ’šπŸŒˆ

October 8, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Canadian friends! (side note: who are all of our Canadian friends; I know @AliEm14 )

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. For us, it's all about being together. No presents, nothing fancy (minus using the fancy plates, because why not). It's homemade meals, time together in the kitchen, playing games, slowing down and enjoying the days, and laughs.

October 10, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

TServold it’s my favorite holiday too. I have so many blessings and Thanksgiving great fullness in my heart. The only thing that I miss so much this season is my parentsβ€οΈπŸ’šπŸŒ»πŸ Happy Fall.

October 10, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Awww im a little late to this one but happy belated thanksgiving to you! and all Canadians! I know I am grateFULL for YOU!

October 15, 2023