General — TransplantLyfe

General

Social Media

TServoldTransplant Patient
October 10, 2023 in General

What transplant associated accounts do you follow on social media? I follow my transplant center, and of course Lyfebulb. What other ones do you follow, that maybe I (and others here) should too?

Tagged:

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• Marc212Transplant Patient

Well, I haven't had social media in quite some time, but there was something called PatientsLikeMe, and naturally, I followed the National Kidney Foundation, but that's really about it. I found Transplantlyfe by happenstance through the old method of web surf. 😂 Dunno if I helped in any way, but I do hope you find what you're looking for! Have a fantastic day.

October 11, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I don’t follow a ton of transplant related organizations on social media, mainly because it exhausts me being inundated with transplant all the time. Social media, particularly instagram, is where I zone out and can distract myself from the reality of my life. That being said, I do follow a lot of people on social media who happen to have had transplants. They just post content relating to their lives more so than actual transplant content

October 11, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I follow Mayo Clinic Connect, and of course Transplantlyfe 💚 my TP center.

I am not a FB person I don’t even have a page. I guess I am definitely the older one of the group.

October 11, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 , I agree - I use IG to zone out. Sometimes I want to look up certain accounts if I am seeking information. Also, people and their experiences resonate with me more. Having that sese of not being alone, even if it is just a person on the internet can mean a lot.

@Melsamm I would say you are the younger one! As I understand it from my youngest sister (who is 13 years younger than I am, and works with middle school and high school students) "only old people use FB". 😂

October 11, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

TServold Haha thanks 🥰

October 11, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

i generally follow more pts who have had transplants then the institutions themselves, i get. alot of kidney info from nkf, aakp, AKF, im not much of an IG user I actually use facebook and linkedin a lot more. im apparently "Linkedin" famous.....whatever that means

Alex

October 11, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

I dont really like to follow organizations. I like to interact with and follow transplant patients. Ali being one of them hehe! Hi Ali! Love you! I actually have 2 different instagram accounts so that I dont have to always see chronic illness and transplant stuff. However, I do share a more holistic approach to transplant and healthcare overall on my kidney/transplant page. Feel free to follow: @chronic_alchemy

October 15, 2023