General — TransplantLyfe

General

International Travel

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
November 10, 2023 in General

I had the most amazing 2 weeks in Italy. I have been planning this trip in my head for 30 years. I've been learning Italian with Duolingo and Babbel for the last 2 years. I quickly learned I am not as fluent as I thought I was 🤪 I can not possibly put all the wonderful moments into a few photos. It took a lot of family, friends, nurses, and doctors to make this trip possible. You all know who you are. You all have a special place in my heart 💗

Lots of coordination with appointments, treatments, finances, and the courage to fly across the world. I did not know if my health would hold out for the trip or during the trip. I had a lot of plan A, plan B, and plan C in place.

I really needed this to spark a light in my life so I could keep fighting the battle of my health. Transplant is not a cure. It's a treatment. I will never be "normal." I am ok with that because I truly feel extreme gratitude for every day that I am here on this earth. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to my next huge adventure!

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

AMAZING!! Italy is my favorite country to travel in - beautiful and great people and food…

so happy for you and that you allowed yourself rest once in a while to truly enjoy.

i so agree that we need sparks in our lives to lift our spirits / can’t all be about the fight and the burden of disease management.

and it doesn’t always have to be an Italy trip of course / but a glass of champagne, a bubble bath or a splurge on new shoes )

November 10, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi Jeanmarie absolutely beautiful pictures, I am so happy for you to be able to take this trip and truly put your TP journey behind you for a moment to enjoy life’s blessings on earth “adventures “ . Enjoy your life!

November 10, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Jeanmarie - simply #amazing photos! Thank you so much for sharing. 👍 Now I fell compelled to visit 🇮🇹 - it's always been on my bucket list.

November 10, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Yes! It was a wonderful experience. I feel so grateful to check it off my bucket list.

I agree, treating ourselves to something special is so important to keep that spark going.

November 13, 2023

Thank you so much! A dream come true, for sure.

November 13, 2023

It is a beautiful place. I have kept it on my bucket list so I can go back.

November 13, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Sooooo amazing! You deserve all the life enrichment!

November 14, 2023